[FW-1] CVP and security servers

Hello all,

I realise this subject keeps coming up, and this questions has probably been
asked before, but i can't find a clear explaination in the archives...

I am trying to implement CVP virus scanning for FTP and SMTP using Trend
Interscan 3.52 and FW-1 4.1 SP5. I am trying to understand the relationship
between the CVP server and the FW-1 Security Servers.

Firstly, I have altered my ftp rule from:
Any -> ftp server -> ftp -> accept -> log ....
to:
Any -> ftp server -> ftp_resource -> accept -> log...

When i try to open an ftp connection to the ftp server i now get the FW-1
security server asking for a login, but all the login accounts are on the
FTP server, so login fails. How do i make the security server transparent,
or disabled completly so that the original FTP server object functions as
before, but with virus scanning?

I am also working with smtp cvp scanning. Could someone explain how the FW-1
smtp security server is involved in this process please?

hope the question(s) aren't too vague!

regards and thanks

rich