Re: [FW-1] some questions of a fw newbie

No need to buy extra license.  Once the FW license is
properly installed, you only need to create rules in
the security policy to allow the traffic through the
firewall that you want.
By default on install, the firewall is blocking all
traffic through the firewall.  You must create
explicit rules to allow the desired traffic through.
In you case you would go to the Policy Editor GUI >
Manage menu > Network Objects >New>Workstation and
create workstation objects to represent the two
internal machines you wish to allow access to.   Then
put a rule in which identifies what Source the traffic
can come from and the destination field would have the
two workstation objects ( 210.232.85.0/24 and
210.232.84.0/24).  You would of course fill in the
services field with the appropriate service etc...
In the case of external.if   , For licensing reasons,
the firewall will count all IP addresses that it can
detect on all interfaces except for IPs it detects on
the external interface.  You must put the IP address
of the firewall's external interface into the
external.if file.  This way, the file will NOT count
IP addresses on the external interface as part of your
limit of 50.   Good luck

http://greetings.yahoo.com