[FW-1] How to set up a VPN ?

Hello,

We are trying to setup a VPN between 2 checkpoint firewalls. Mangement console
runs on one of them. Here is our architecture.

----------------LAN 1--------

        Firewall with management console

              INTERNET

              Firewall

----------------LAN 2---------

VPN-1 version are 4.1 SP2 and 4.1 SP4. We have created the security policies.
We uses IKE DES with preshared secret as encrypyion method.
We can successfully install security policy on both firewalls. But when a
client on LAN 2 tries to connect to a server on LAN 1, it fails.

In the logs, we see that connections are encrypt by LAN 2 firewall, but they
are dropped by LAN 1 firewall as a connection from LAN 2 firewall to LAN 1
server instead of being decrypted. LAN 1 firewall does not recognize the connection as a VPN connection.

We have checked objects, rules several times, but we find nothing wrong.
Do anyone of you have an idea, what is wrong in our configuration.

Thanks

Philippe