Re: [FW-1] VRRP, failover and ARP on FW-1

> 2. ARP.
> When using VRRP on Nokia it is easy to understand the use of the IP
> addresses (ie one per physical interface and one "virtual" address that is
> used to reference the platform from elsewhere) but what does Nokia do about
> the MAC address.
There is a virtual MAC address as well as the virtual IP address. This
should be discussed in the Nokia docs, as well as in any discussion of
VRRP, on the phoneboy web site (http://www.phoneboy.com), on this mailing
list, and on the firewall-1 wizards mailing list.

> From a SHOW  ARP on my other routers etc, I found a MAC address that did
> not match anything I could fine displayed on the Voyager interface, or on
> the IPSO command line (iclid etc) .
You should be using this virtual MAC address for all static NAT's as this
will failover with the firewall.

-Don