From: Antoniani, Alessandro [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 11:48 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] PPTP Connections through Hide NAT

Hi all,
we have FW-1 protecting our LAN with Hide NAT. Our users need to connect to customers' LANs using PPTP VPNs with the standard Windows 2000 client. I've tried to configure the rule base to allow for this, but it seems that the only way to have a LAN client connect is to setup a static NAT for the client, while what I really want is to have anybody on the LAN be able to do it without requesting a particular configuration to IT.

ISA Server does this easily, our old firewall (Guardian) could do this without problems as well, anybody have suggestions?

Thanks in advance

alex

Alessandro Antoniani, IT Manager
Bowne Global Solutions, formerly Mendez