From: Nico De Ranter [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 15 January 2002 06:58
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Checkpoint 2000 with Solaris 8?

However there is no SP5 CD available as far as I know so this is a bit
of a bit of a checken and egg problem: you can't install SP2 on Sol 8
without
applying SP5 but you can't install SP5 before installing SP2 :-).
Try this: copy the SP2 CD to the harddisk and edit the installation script.
At the beginning there is a small part that checks for solaris 8 (or SunOS
5.8).
Comment this part but make sure to keep the variable definitions. This
should
allow you to install SP2 anyway. But don't reboot before installing SP5 :-)

Note: I did this on a management server only so I don't know whether it
works
if you're installing the firewall module.

Nico

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 02:18:14PM -0500, Don wrote:
> > I get the following message when attempting to install Checkpoint 2000
with
> > Solaris 8:
> > WARNING:
> > Solaris 2.8 is not supported by Check Point 2000, Service Pack 2.
> > Does anyone know how I can possibly work around this problem?
> Don't install CP 2000, Service Pack 2 on Solaris 8 :)
>
> You should actually install Service Pack 5 if you are going to be
> installing CP 2000.
>
> -Don

> [email protected]
 "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/VPE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: [email protected]

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com