Re: [FW-1] Unable to connect to FW-1 (Nokia 330) via the Manageme nt Console (W2K)

Are you calling your management console the host that happens to have the
GUI installed or do you actually have an EMC license installed on it?  If
the Windows box is truly an EMC then it looks like the Nokia isn't
configured for a distributed environment.  Check $FWDIR/conf/product.conf
and make sure _at least_ these options are listed:

StandAlone=0
Management=0

Other options may exist but they will need to be determined from your
licenses, etc.

Then check $FWDIR/conf/masters and make sure the IP address of your Win2k
EMC is listed.  Make sure your putkeys are correct.  Might as well redo them
to make sure.

Start the Nokia FW using fwstart once this everything looks right.  You'll
probably see the same errors.  After it starts and says "FireWall-1 started"
make sure fwd is running with "ps aux | grep fwd".  If it is, try "fw unload
localhost" on the Nokia and then try pushing policy from the GUI connected
to the EMC.

Chris