[FW-1] Please explain

I am currently running CP 4.1 Sp 3 on Solaris 2.7.  I have implemented the forbiddenfiles patch for SP3 to strip different attachment coming in via mail.

I have at times attachment like excel and word being striped for now reason.  Upon resending the same email everthing works fine.  So, I researched and have added to the objects.C file ":smtp_encoded_content_field (true)" and ":smtp_multi_encoding (true)".  The documentation according to CP I should not have to do this with SP3, but I did it anyways.

Now my question is what do these additions do?  I also do not know as of yet if it fixed my problem(s).

Thank you