From:   [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent:   18 November 2001 13:38
To:     [email protected]
Subject:        Re: [FW-1] logswitch: cannot connect to fw daemon

Em 14 Nov 2001, Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 escreveu:
Well, I try to fwstop/fwstart and it doens't work...

What program can be using port 257?

Thank's again...
Renata

>Hi,
>
>This mean that your logging isn't working, another program has taken
>over port 257, or something else happened. What if you fwstop/fwstart
>the Firewall ? Do you get the same error message ?
>
>Met vriendelijke groeten - Bien à vous - Kind regards
>
>Guy ROELANDTS
>EMEA GS Internet Expertise Centre - CCSA & CCSE
>Compaq Software Engineer - Belgium
>E-mail : [email protected]
>Tel: +32(02)729.77.44 (options 3 - 3 - 1)
>Fax: +32(02)729.77.65

>This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information,
>and is intended only for the person/entity to whom it was originally
>addressed. The content of this message may contain private views and
>opinions which do not constitute a formal disclosure or commitment
>unless specifically stated. Should you receive this message by mistake
>please inform the sender immediately.
>
>Another thing:
>I saw fwd log... and I found this:
>
>fwd: Cannot establish Log Server on port 257: Address already in use
>fwd: FireWall-1 daemon going to die on sig 15
>fwd: Wed Nov 14 12:25:51 2001
>
>tks again...
>Renata
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>When I try to create a new log file, this message appears:
>>
>>logswitch:cannot connect to fw daemon
>>
>>Someone can help me?
>>
>>Thanks`s in advance...
>>
>>Renata

>>please see the instructions at
>>http://www.checkpoint.com/services/mailing.html

>please see the instructions at
>http://www.checkpoint.com/services/mailing.html

The information contained in this e-mail is private and is solely for the
use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient, you have no legal right to use the
contents of this e-mail.  Views expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily
reflect Government (Defence), Defence Management (Watchfield) Limited or
Serco Aerospace policy and we cannot guarantee that this e-mail or any
attachments are virus free.