Re: [FW-1] SecureClient encryption domains and NAT'd user network s.

Tim,

You don't have to force your clients to change their network addresses. The
problem can be solved by using IP Pool NAT on the firewall... Below is the
outline of how to set it up. If you still can't get it to work, check your
documentation/support for more information on how to set up IP Pool NAT.

1. Create an address range object;

2. Go to [policy properties->ip pool nat tab] and check "enable ip pool nat
for securemote connections" checkbox;

3. Open [manage objects->fw object->nat tab] and check "use ip pool nat for
securemote connections";

4. Plug your address range object into the "allocate ip pool addresses from"
container;

5. if your address range object belongs to the internal network, add a proxy
arp for each address from the range, hang it off of the internal network
interface; I only know how to do it on Solaris, read the newsgroup archives
for Windows-specific instructions...
# arp -s IP_POOL_NAT_ADDRESS_0 INTERNAL_INTERFACE_MAC pub
# arp -s IP_POOL_NAT_ADDRESS_1 INTERNAL_INTERFACE_MAC pub
# arp -s IP_POOL_NAT_ADDRESS_N INTERNAL_INTERFACE_MAC pub

6. fwsstop; fwstart

I hope this helps.

Igor Prokopinskiy