[FW-1] SecuRemote and NAT

I stumbled across an odd "problem" when testing SecuRemote from behind
an SMC Barricade cable router. The tests were done using FW1 4.1 SP2 and
various SecuRemote builds from 4003 to 50239. The firewall's objects.C
contains the magic ":userc_NAT (true)" & ":userc_IKE_NAT (true)" lines
to enable NAT. We're using FWZ un-encapsulated encryption.

What was odd was that I was able to establish encrypted connections from
as many as 4 NATted boxes concurrently, even though everything I've seen
indicates that this isn't possible to do with FWZ encryption.

Does anybody have any ideas why this worked? Thanks.

--
Michael Lea              |  Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius
[email protected]  |  to understand the simplicity.