[FW1] Upgrading to Checkpoint NG

Is there any documented procedure that I can go through to upgrade
from 4.0 SP5 -> NG ?

I have to upgrade the OS to 5.8 so I plan to use swing Hardware to replace
the existing one. Also insted of licensing the individual module I would
like to have the licenses on a central location.

Can I use fw confmerge to concat the objects.C files and then fwm -g *.W ?

Thanks
Preet Kumar