RE: [FW1] Performance Comparison

Could someone please help me find performance statistics comparing a Nokia 330 and a Sun Netra 105.  Both systems would be running v4.1 with strong encryption.  The implementation being investigated would provide simple VPN connectivity between two sites.

There seems to be little out there in the way of performance stats for Firewall-1 or guides on sizing either with or without VPN encryption. One company I have worked with put their web servers (5000 hits a month - not many concurrent -no encryption) behind Firewall-1 on Sun 220R servers. Another I have seen was running on an ageing HP D-class server more hits but very little trouble.

Obviously VPN is much more CPU intensive than normal Firewalling. Would anyone who has carried out a performance sizing study care to share their results? Sizing at the moment really seems to be a finger in the air guess at the moment.

-Steve

P.S. I have set (hopefully - if outlook works) the reply to address not to accept incoming emails to stop the flood of OO replies. Please post any response back to the list or direct to the from address.