From: Guibord, David [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 3:58 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] FW: Interface on 2000

Hi all,

We are trying to configure a backup firewall for redundancy here and
decided to try loading it on a box with 2000 server (Our current 4.1 sp2
is on a NT4 sp6 box).  Everything is pretty much ready to go, but we're
having a problem getting a name for the external interface.  Where nt
appears to read the NIC's as specific names (e100b1, e100b2, etc.), 2000
appears to name them all the same, and then just throw a #2, #3, etc.,
after the card's name.  When we even tried to place the whole name of
the external interface into the config, it truncates it back down to
about 8 characters (Intel(R)) which all of the cards start with.

Anyone have the solution to our dilemma?

Thanks!

Dave Guibord
MCSE, MCP+I, CCNA
pmh caramanning inc.