[FW1] Nokia IPO 3.4 and Firewal-1 4.1 SP??

We did some extensive testing with upgrading to 3.3 and found
that you had to have SP2 for 3.3, SP2 for 3.2 would not work
on 3.3. And obviously, SP2 for 3.3 would not work on 3.2.

It did not matter which way you upgraded (IPSO first then FW1,
or vice versa), both worked fine. Of course the firewall is
down in between the 2 steps. If you have a 650 or 330 you also
need to do a firmware upgrade, which is the only scary part, but
also not too bad.

That said, I haven't tried 3.4, but expect the above to be true.
I'm not sure if SP3 or SP2 for 3.3 would work on 3.4, but probably.
The incompatibility comes from adding Flows to the mix.

Paul.

Raymond N <[email protected]> said:
> Hi there,
>
> Is that true that I could not upgrade my Nokia IP303 to version 3.4 (from
> 3.2.1) while still running firewall-1 4.1 SP2?  Do I have to upgrade the
> firewall-1 to SP4 too?
>
> And for those who are now using IPO 3.4 and firewall-1 4.1 SP4, do you
> encounter any problems so far?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - -raymond ([email protected])

"I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and not Gary
Cooper." --Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the leading role in "Gone
With The Wind."