From:   METE EMINAGAOGLU (IT)
Sent:   Wednesday, August 15, 2001 11:14 PM
To:     '[email protected]'
Subject:        How to NAT (both ports and adresses...?)

Hi to all...

I have a bit of complex and perhaps weird problem, hence question. Any help, comment, suggestion is welcome. Thanx.

Problem:

A Server in my DMZ. Let's say 60.x.x.x
Another Server in my LAN. Let's say 192.168.x.x
A specific service on Real Port k. Let's say TCP_1900

The original rule setting:

Source:60.x.x.x
Destin: 192.168.x.x
Service: TCP_port_1900.

Everythg. works fine.

However, I want a new arrangement so that TCP_1900 packets do not directly go from 60.x.x.x to 192.168.x.x. They are to be routed to any non-existent fake X-Server via a different NAT' ed fake port, say TCP_fake. Then, from X-Server to the target destin. 192.168.x.x in LAN,  while also fake-port NAT' ed to the real TCP_1900.

Using only a single FW, how could this be achieved? (What are the necessary rules and IP+service NAT' s?)

If not possible by a single FW, then what is additionally required within the FW so as to establish the necessary solution?

Mete EMINAGAOGLU