[FW1] implied rules and tuning

Good day all!

Please could you be so kind to point me to URL(s) where I could find
detailed information about tuning "Policy --> Properties" section (Security
Policy for example).
I've just started with Checkpoint - so "Policy --> Properties" section is
some kind of "black hole" for me. :-) I'm not sure about options to
configure (timeouts, implied rules, etc.).
Live example: last hole with RDP packets - I was tracking "phoneboy" mailing
list and it helped me to collect some information about "Implied rules"
(looks like that they should be disabled or at least tuned). Before that I
had no idea about implied rules... sorry, learning is still in progress :-)
I'm looking something like Lance Spitzner's Security Papers
(http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz) - this papers helps me a lot! May be there
is something similiar about implied rules?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
Roman Serbski
mailto:libser@[no_spam_plz]manas.kg