[FW1] Is SecuRemote Safe?

Please can someone correct me if I am wrong :

In order to create a VPN between a mobile user and the firewall. The user
needs
to have SecuRemote installed, connect to the site and login using login name
and password, once he is logged in
he has access to the entire LAN, correct?

If this is correct what stops a potential hacker from getting the ip address
of my FW and
guessing login names and passwords?

Is there no key or something that the Sys Admin needs to install on the
notebook
that prevents a hacker from trying to connect?

Thanks
Laurence