[FW1] Urgent help needed with connectivity problem

Title: Urgent help needed with connectivity problem

Hi Listers:

Need urgent help from you if you don't' mind.  I am going to replace an old NT box with this new PDS 2300 on next Monday.  In my test environment, I have exactly the same settings with my management console and PDS 2300.  When I test with the old configuration with my firewall, it works fine (both firewalls work and have connectivity between them).  When I change to the new PDS 2300's IP address and change the object in my management console with this new IP address, my firewall management console (NT 4.0 sp6a with FW-1 4.1 spa) lost the connectivity to PDS 2300.  I have changed the configuration (add remote module), and all related objects.  But the two firewall won't communicate with each other (can't ping from management to PDS 2300).  If I stop the firewall, I can ping PDS 2300.  This means that my route can reach PDS 2300.  Thus, I ran out of ideas now and really want to bump my head to the wall.  Just wonder if you have any ideas can help me out figuring this problem.  Desperately need any help from you.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chi-Lien Lee
Sr. System Administrator