[FW1] FW-1 and AOL

Hello Everyone. Here is  my dilema.

I run Checkpoint Fw-1 4.1 on NT 4.0. I also use Websense to block certain sites. When I activate a rule that blocks certain web sites, I can get to the AOL home page on IE but no futher that that on AOL's site. Any other AOL link after I enter my name a password comes up with a white screen "The PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED". If I disable the websense, everything browses fine. This only seems to be with AOL. I thought It was something with WEBSENSE.

After futher troubleshooting, I created a rule as follows:

Source      Destination   Service                  Action       Track
SSLNET   ANY              http->Wildcard      Accept       Long

The wildcard is nothing more than URI that allows FW-1 to behave as if Websense was in place without actually making any calls via UFP. It simply uses the Security server to contact sites in the same manner it would with Websense in place.

After doing this, AOL stopped working again. It seems that if I use ANY URI, AOL stops working so its NOT websense but something with Checkpoint FW-1.

If I added a rule to use HTTP ALLOW, AOL would not work since a URI is in effect. If I change it it:
SSLNET  ANY ANY, then HTTP and AOL works fine. ANY IDEAS?????

UUNET/Checkpoint  is stumped!

Greg Gonzalez
Network Systems Manager
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, LLP