Re: [FW1] beginner's question on DNS

Hi,
I don't recommend at all to install a DNS-Server on a Firewall. FW-1 doesn't include
a Nameserver.
But you can install a Nameserver in the DMZ and set rules for Nameservice by
accepting the group dns (53/udp and 53/tcp) from or to this Nameserver.
Hope it helps
Matthias

John Tanouye wrote:

> Could anyone tell me how to set up DNS on Firewall-1?  I have pretty much
> everything else running.  However nothing works, because I believe that the
> DNS isn't set up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

begin:vcard
n:Leu;Dr. Matthias
tel;cell:tel;fax:+49 8102 895 199
tel;work:+49 8102 895 190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.aerasec.de
org:AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
adr:;;Wagenberger Strasse 1;D-85662;Hohenbrunn;;
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
fn:Dr. Matthias Leu
end:vcard