Re: [FW1] Firewall-1 on Solaris 8

Hi,

On Apr 26,  9:42, Roelandts, Guy wrote:
> Subject: RE: [FW1] Firewall-1 on Solaris 8
>
> Hi Rob,
>
>    Solaris 8 isn't supported with CP 4.1 ... even with SP3.

Checkpoint told us that SP 4 will support Solaris 8 in 32 bit mode.
It's about time...
64 bit mode will be supported in NG.

My question is how the UltraSPARC IIe machines will perform...

>    Looking at the Beta of CP NG it will be
>
>    Searching the archives of this mailing list will show you the
problems
> people encountered
> when using Solaris 8.

Are there any? I din't follow the list very closely recently.

I managed to install 3.0 on Solaris 2.6 (will crash during installation)
I've run 4.0 on Solaris 7 when it was not supported - no problems.
Unless someone reports that it does not work I assume that 4.1 will work
on Solaris 8. But: don't try this at work, unless you know what you're
doing :-)

Regards

-Wolfram

--