[FW1] Firewall NT optimization - CP site doc

Hi all,
I'm using FW 4.0, SP8 on an NT machine.
I saw Checkpoint's optimization document on the web site and tried to follow
it.
http://www.checkpoint.com/techsupport/documentation/FW-1_VPN-1_performance.h
tml

Section III (Firewall-1 performance tuning), chapter 1, 2 & 3 are not that
clear:
Chapter 1 says to change the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\FW1\Parameters
\Memory registry to 16000000. This registry doesn't exist. I added it,
stopped,-started the service and did not see any changes in the 'fw ctl
pstat'.
Chapter 2 says to change the %fw_dir$\lib\table.def, connections value to
"...limit 50000 hash size 65536". This entry doesn't come in the same
format. has anyone had the luxury of changing it. and moreover, how can I
check that the change has taken affect?

Chapter 3 says to change the :props section of the objects.c file in order
to increase the NAT table. The nat_limit and the Nat_hashsize. Well, these
entries are not there. Do I need to add them to the file, and how do I check
that the NAT table has actually changed its size?

Regards,
Email: [email protected]