[FW1] IP Design for transparent firewall

Hi,

I'm hosting some servers remotely and have been allocated a block of 16 IP addresses by the hosting entity. I'm planning to place a FW1 box in front of everything and would like to be able to use the IP addresses in the most efficient way. The platform will be Intel Linux.
I don't want to NAT the boxes behind the firewall for a variety of reasons. As far as I can see my options are
- break the address block into 2 4 address blocks and 1 eight address block -- use on four block on the public side of the firewall and the rest on the other side
In this case, I assume I have to do proxy arp on the public firewall interface?

This strikes me a hopelessly inefficient and I'd really hoped there was another way to organise this -- is there?

Clayton