RE: [FW1] fw1 issues on redhat linux 6.1

Hey everyone,

I would just like to share my experience with fw1 on linux 6.1.  The kernel
compilation I mentioned below doesn't have anything to do with my own issue.
But it is recommended to only use 2.2.x kernels. Anyways, I'll experiment
about the  behavior of fw1 on 2.4 kernels.

I was able to solve my problem with the MAC address. You won't get any error
when you "arp -s 192.168.0.102 <MAC-ADDRESS or PHYSICAL ADDRESS>". But I
found out that it was incomplelet when I just made arp. So I experimented on
all options of arp then finally ended with the properly working parameters:

arp -v -H ether -s 192.168.0.102 <MAC-ADDRESS or PHYSICAL ADDRESS> pub

Notice the pub, it's very important because it will publish the MAC ADDRESS.
The -v is just for verbose.  The -H also can be excluded since arp knows
what real LAN card you're using. The first arp command I made doesn't
publish it that's why I was having problems(see below). Anyways, hope this
will help guys out there experimenting on fw-1 for linux.

Ronneil Camara
Remington Microshare> -----Original Message-----