Re: [FW1] Proxy ARP in LINUX not working???

Richard,

I normally copy tarpd into /usr/sbin and create a script in /etc/rc.d/init.d
which is executed from /etc/rc.d/rc3.d on boot up.  Set this to execute after
fw1boot has run.

where
     <ifname> is the interface you want the proxy to appear on
     <ipaddress> is the proxied address
     <netmask> I normally set to 255.255.255.255

My script file looks something like this:

#!/bin/sh
#
#  Proxy address for ftp server
tarpd eth0 123.456.789.111 255.255.255.255 &
route add -host 123.456.789.111 gw 987.654.321.999 metric 1
#
etc...

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ken...

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          "Richard      |
|        |          spalding"     |
|        |          <cheetong75@ho|
|        |          tmail.com>    |
|        |                        |
|        |          13/03/2001    |
|        |          19:11         |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>
  |       To:     Ken Welsh/TO/SIN/IIBG@WESTPAC                                |
  |       cc:     [email protected]                     |
  |       Subject:     Re: [FW1] Proxy ARP in LINUX not working???             |

Hi.. Ken!!

Thanks for ur info..I had installed it.. Now. My program folder got
following files, I don't know how to do arp proxy on this ?  is that on
tarpd command with some argument ??  I tried arp -s 50.100.160.102
00:10:4B:6C:DF:56 pub, but itdoesn't work

[root@guava tarpd-1.6]# ls -a
.  ..  Makefile  tarpd  tarpd.8  tarpd.c

Besides, how to enable the IP forwarding in Linux.?? I changed the file
/etc/sysconfig/network and add entry FORWARD_IPV4=true and reboot.  it seems
doesn't work?  How to verify the IP forwarding is enabled???

many thanks