RE: [FW1] SecureClient for Win2K - Initialization error

I did what you said. First, I cleared out the registry and re-installed
SecureClient for Win2K. I then created the C:\fwenc.log file. I rebooted and
got the error. When I looked at the fwenc.log file, this is what I saw:
======
C:\>type fwenc.log

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Running VPN-1 SecuRemote Version 4.1 SP-3  3DES
Build number: 4174; January 01, 2001
Windows NT version
Using Entrust Toolkit version: EntrustIPSEC Negotiator v4.5d
CheckForOther waiting for service 1
CheckForOther waiting for service 2
SDL not enabled
SSO not enabled
RecursiveRegDeleteKey:
SOFTWARE\CheckPoint\SecuRemote\CurrentSessionCredentials
does not exist
Failed to open file 'C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\SecuRemote\lib\wellfleet.C'
in fwd_reload_database do_database = 1
fwa_db_init: called
decrypt_obj: no cryptver
decrypt_obj: no cryptver
decrypt_obj: no cryptver
prngwin32_LoadToolHelp: kernel32.dll Succesfully loaded
prngwin32_LoadCAPI: Advapi32.dll Succesfully loaded
CAPI service provider:
======================

Name:           Microsoft Strong Cryptographic Provider
Implementation: Software
Version:        2.0
Unable to open '\Device\FW1'
IndicateSrToKernel: fwioctl FWSTARTSECUREMOTE failed.
Unable to open '\Device\FW1'
fwuserc_goingup: Failed to set SecuRemote licensing.
Unable to open '\Device\FW1'
goingdown:
fwuserc_dns_delete: DNS dir is C:\WINNT\System32\drivers\etc\
======

I suspect the key lines are the "Unable to open '\Device\FW1'" lines, but
the key seems okay in the registry. Any ideas, or should I get that
srinfo.exe program you referred to?

Ray Lodato
NEF Information [email protected]