RE: [FW1] Re: Nokia vs NT (and solaris, just for kicks)

Well to throw my .02Cents worth in.

I feel that there is an OS for everything. I would never put a UNIX type OS
in a shop that has no Idea of what VI is.

I would never use NT in a place that has a lot of overhead. Dual DS-3, High
availability, Load Balancing and a lot of VPN's running to multiple places
then I need a Big Bad Server such as a Sun with RISC processors not the
Intel chipset that NT runs on.
But if I have a lot of people that know how to run NT then that is a good
solution for that company.

I do not know Lynx but it seems to be a good product from what I hear from
others people that are in security. But I do not know how to install it so
it is not a solution for me at all. I would have to hire someone and have
someone standing by to fix the OS if anything were to go wrong. $$$$$ That
is not a solution for some companies. Now if I were a shop that has a bunch
of UNIX people then it would be a great solution.

NOKIA is a good product. It is easy to use and is as stable as all of the
rest. With out the problems of locking down the OS before installing the
firewall.

Thomas Stala
[email protected]
Hope this helps