RE: [FW1] setting up "one-way" NTdomain trust

According to Microsoft (see their knowledge base article Q179442 "How to
Configure a Firewall for Windows NT and Trusts"):

"To establish a domain trust relationship across a firewall, the following
ports must be enabled:

PORT 135 (TCP or UDP) for Remote Procedure Call(RPC)Service
PORT 137 (UDP) for NetBIOS Name Service
PORT 138 (UDP) for NetBIOS datagram (Browsing)
PORT 139 (TCP) for NetBIOS session (NET USE)
ALL PORTS above 1024 for RPC Communication"

I don't know of any registry hacks or otherwise to lock down the high-order
port numbers (for example, as you can do with Exchange Server). You might
try a workaround using PPTP (see also Q179442):

"Alternatively, a trust can be established through the Point-to-Point
Tunneling Protocol (PPTP). For PPTP, the following ports must be enabled:

TCP PORT 1723
IP PROTOCOL 47 (GRE)"

Loring Rose
Senior Network Engineer