[FW1] Late collisions during VRRP transition.

Hi folks,

I've been messing around with my IP650's and testing VRRP failover
In my case the Nokia's are hooked into a pair of cat6509's.

When the primary firewall drops off the face of the earth, the failover
will then get a wack load of late collisions on its port and the cat6509
will then disable the port, thus the VRRP transition doesn't occur.

Now I know late collisions means your ethernet segment is too long and
blah blah blah, but this isn't the case. I've even swapped cables. No
change in situation.

Anyone notice behavior like this? I'm not a cisco dude so if there's
something on the cat6509 I can tweak...speak up! :)

TIA.

--
Dave Dunaway [[email protected]]