Re: [FW1] Do these solutions post unacceptable security risk?

Ivan,

IMHO, the best solutions for this are:

1) SecuRemote VPN from them to you, specifically limiting the servers and
protocols available to them
2) Drop a Citrix server in your DMZ, and use Secure-ICA for it's transport.
 Then allow the vendor access to the Citrix box, and the Citrix box
specific access tothe servers (Citrix WinFrame/MetaFrame licenses can be
expensive though)
3) Scrap the Internet idea and drop a dedicated circuit between the two
companies.

SSH is an "okay" alternative, but you would need to be VERY careful you
don't open that access to/from unneeded machines.  There are several
intrinsic issues with SSH, depending on the version you use, which can
create exposures.  It's also succeptable to man-in-the-middle attacks
(which normally are not that big of a deal, but Dug Song has made it very
easy to exploit now, with his recent release of Dsniff 2.3)

VNC is totally un-acceptable.  It's authentication method is weak, and it
is trivial to decode it's "encryption".

Just my .02.  Hope it's helpful,

Jason