[FW1] Do these solutions post unacceptable security risk?

There are a number of unix-based and NT-based application servers on the
internal network.  They are so special that the vendor needs to access these
servers from the Internet to trouble-shoot and support, when needed.

The following are proposed "solutions", your comments/suggestions are
appreciated.

1) SSH for Unix-based servers

2) VNC for NT-based servers

3) VPN for both Unix and NT servers.

In these cases, we need to drill a number of holes on the firewall to allow
port 22, 5900 or/and 50 to pass through.  We want to "vendor" to be
authenticated by Check Point Firewall-1 before allowing them to come in and
then access ONLY those servers.

The rule would be

src          dst                              service  action
vendor ip    encryption-domain-x              50      client-auth
consists of ip of
            unix-nt servers

Would such "design" post any security risk to us?

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Dave