Re: [FW1] ISS - Cheaper alternatives ?

Tim,

Not as pretty as RS, but you may want to look into
using NMAP to do some self-auditing. Look at Lance's
Intrusion and HoneyPot whitepapers at
(www.enteract.com/~lspitz).

Snort is another useful tool. There are many more and
these are free...so to speak(your spend more time, which
I also equate to $$).

Robert

- -
Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer