From: CryptoTech [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 8:14 AM
To: Luong, David
Subject: Re: [FW1] DHCP problem with FW-1

David,
<Soapbox>
As much as I disagree with sharing services on the firewall....
</Soapbox>
If you look on the 4.1 cd, you will find in the windows\add-ons\finddhcp\ a
program called finddhcp.exe.  You should use this in conjuntion with long
logging to find the reason.  I would suspect that you are getting drops to
the
firewall on ip net 255.255.255.255.  You will need to create a host --
DHCP-server with ip address of 255.255.255.255.  and then create a rule
any > dhcp-server > bootp > accept >long log

This way you will get log hits when it works.

HTH,
CryptoTech

"Luong, David" wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>
> I have FW-1 installed on a NT 4.0 box with 2 NIC's; the internal interface
> is connected to my 10.1.29.x/24 network while the external goes directly
> my ADSL ISP on a 216.232.x.x. I have NAT enable and all other internal
PC's