Re: [FW1] Some basic questions

First of all, good answers Robert.

1.  Average rules 30-960.  After that you reach a soft limit because of the binary
significance of 1024.  (so 1024 max rules)
        Robert is right - most active at top

2. 4.0 to 4.1 is relatively easy.  4.1 will see that there is a previous config and
will ask you if you want backward compatibility.  This will be important if you will
1) have any remaining 4.0 firewalls, and 2) if you are doing this in a staged
approach - multiple firewalls and doing the install over multiple days.
    You will be given the option to preserve directories for backout.

3.  For per user based access, you can do it 1 of 2 ways.  Create a global group,
with generic* and then add specific users to that group.  You will have to specify
user access within the user details page for what source destination.  However since
you will not have control over services that way, I suggest you follow Roberts
solution and just create groups for varying levels/needs for access.

CT