[FW1] SecureRemote, SplitDNS, separate management & firewall, MEP

I'm trying to get SecureRemote working. I'm able to connect and establish
TCP sessions just fine. I'm using the latest SR client for Win2000, FW 4.1
NO SP's.

My problem is that DNS isn't working. I can't even start nslookup on my
remote and connect to any of my DNS servers. I thought maybe I HAVE to use
split DNS so that's what I'm in the middle of right now. I'm trying to
setup the split DNS scenario and I'm using the doc's from Checkpoints site
titled "Firewall-1Version 4.0 SecuRemote Split/Encrypted DNS Quick
Reference Guide Revsion 1.4". I've also searched thru Phoneboy's site
(helped me out quite a bit with just getting VPN up with a separate
management console firewall).

Questions:

1. Where do I put my edited dnsinfo.C file? On the firewall or on the
management station. It's not downloading to my SR client when I do a site
update. I've copied it manually to c:\program
files\checkpoint\securemote\database\dnsinfo.C but it didn't help. Is this
the right directory for dnsinfo.C on the client?
2. Where do I edit the crypt.def file? On the firewall or the management
station.

3. Finally, I'm not doing MEP right now but plan to in the future. If  all
I want is backup gateway's for the SR clients, do I need to buy the HA
option. I'm thinking (should I say hoping) that the answer is NO.

Thanks,