RES: [FW1] CVP compatible servers...

Hi!

I had some experience with these, but if you can, do not use CVP for SMTP.
It´s better to  use it like the MX of your domain, relaying all traffic to
your SMTP server. I said that cause when the FW lose connection with the CVP
server, all e-mail traffic is queued onto your FW box, and this queue is far
to be something easy to handle. You must go trough every message and strip
the CVP header to take the messages delivered.

I´ve tested some produtcs as you can see bellow:
- Alladin´s eSafe gateway had some problems, creating some trash when it
blocks something (but the price is GOOD!)
- Marshal Software´s  MailMarshal is pretty good, works fine, has a good
price too, good filters, but no market share
- TrendScan´s Interscan eManager, works fine, good filters, nice antivirus
features and atualization, has a good(if not the best) market share and has
a cost effective relation
- Symantec´s MailGear is a good product, but the price that they purpose to
us is far of our budget, and their customer support is the worst you can
find arround the world.

Regards,
> José Vicente da C Machado
> AMERICEL