[FW1] HA Setup with 4.1 SP1 on Solaris 2.6

I am trying to set up an HA enviroment with checkpoint 4.1. According to
the
documentation I have set up the systems as follows:

1) Managment console on a seperate machine and subnet,
    this is also designated as the secure subnet
2)  Two machines with the external and internal NICs with the same IP
address and
     MAC's (i.e both the machines have the same IP addresses and MAC
addresses)
3) defined a gateway cluster with IP of the external NIC
4) defined two firewall modules with the IP's of the managment subnet,
i.e. secured interfaces
5) defined the firewall modules to be members of the cluster.

My questions/problems are:

1) Do I need any third party HA software (such as Stonebeat)?? I have
the Checkpoint HA module loaded
   and can perform the cpha commands.

2) When I bring up the firewalls, both the machines have their NIC's
active.  Isn't the HA software
    suppose to take care of this where the active machine should have
the NIC's live and the
    standby machine be in standby mode.

3) I have all the 3 interfaces listed on both  the machines in
hostanme.hme0 hostname.znb0
    and hostname.znb1, so that means that solaris would ifconfig the
interface while coming up.
   Should I remove the znb entries on the secondary ones ( that's where
the external and internal
   IP's are defined)???

What am I missing here???

Thanks in advance!