[FW1] Wonderful world of NAT

I have recently installed checkpoint 4.1 SP2 as development firewall. The
firewall has 2 interfaces, external and internal.
I am trying to create a very simple rule base etc, and I am having trouble.

Lets say the outside address is 192.168.1.1 and the inside interface is
10.1.0.1.
I have an FTP server inside with an address of 10.1.0.2.

I created the FW network object with the spoofing set on Others on the
external interface, and this net on the internal network.
I created the network object for the FTP server with an inside int of
10.1.0.2 and an outside address of 192.168.1.2 using the automagic static
nat rules.
I created 2 rules. First is any-FTPserver-ftp-accept-log
second is any any any drop

I added the appropriate entry to the local.arp
192.168.1.2	00-80-XX-XX-XX-XX

I have also added the following route
route add -p 192.168.1.2 10.1.0.2

i have started and stopped the firewall and installed the policy.

Its very wierd, I receive log messages stating that the FTP traffic is being
accepted and sent to the destination but the ftp client never gets to the
log on prompt.
Is there some configuration that I have to complete on the FTP Server? I
wouldnt think so, but I am out of ideas at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian Mulford