[FW1] Linux and ethernet card problem?

Hi,

I have installed FW-1 version 4.1 SP1 for Linux on a "standard PC" with 3 NIC's. Kernel
version supported is installed (2.2.x). I'm using 3COM 3C900B-COMBO cards.

I boot the machine and FW-1 start. Then I stop FW-1 and then after a minute or two
i can not even ping a host on the local network.

A mailing-list pointed me to a newer loadable module driver for the NIC's which I installed.

Problem then was that the machine halted completely av a few minutes (with FW-1 in operation)

Then I asked the local reseller if there were a list of supported cards.
Their list :
1. Intel 82558 based PCI Ethernet 10/100
2. Intel PRO/100+  10/100
3. Olicom TokenRing
4. 3Com Fast EtherLink XL ( 3C905-TX ) 10/100

I checked a lot of resellers and they all said that these cards are not sold any more
(to old).

Ten days later and a lot telephone calls to the local reseller they still haven't been able
to provide me with newer list.

Would be great if someone could bring some light to this!

Regards

Lasse A.
Netcraft Scandinavia