[FW1] H323 through a firewall

Hi all,

We have just tried to install a MS Netmeeting client, talking to an
Opengatekeeper server through a FW1. Naively we thought it might work...

Apon investigation, we found:

- Netmeeting was trying to talk to the gatekeeper on port 1720.
- FW1 thought that H323 was actually port 1719, and dropped everything
else.
- Opengatekeeper decided that it was going to bind to TCP:1704.

Huh?

Anyone know what the deal is with H323? Is there a standard port for
this, or is it yet another "just pick any port" protocol?

Regards,
Graham