[FW1] license troubles on upgrade to version 4.1..

Hello.

I'm having major difficulties upgrading my FW-1 from 4.0-SP3 to 4.1-SP2,
so I'm wondering if there's some powerful kind of magic out there that
can do the trick.

Here's the scenario:
Currently running a 50-user 3DES 4.0-SP3 FW-1/VPN on a Nokia IP330
appliance and in the process of upgrading (or die trying) to 50-user
3DES 4.1-SP2.
Current (and working just fine) licenses:
w.x.y.z      16May2001  4.x srulight
w.x.y.z      Never      4.x stdlight50 encryption ca vpnstrong

Excerpt from license file for 4.1:
LICENSE w.x.y.z never CPFW-ENC-50-3DES-module-v41
CPFW-ENC-50-3DES-mgmt-v410

And here's the problem:
After a seemingly successful upgrade (newpkg -m LOCAL -n <fwpackage> -o
$FWDIR) and addition of license as per above, the Nokia box restarts
telling me only 25 internal hosts allowed and that it can't load policy
from localhost. The output from "fw printlic" and "fw stat" looks as
expected, but still I don't seem to have a license to do just about
anything policy-related. Manually loading the policy fails on a "no
license for filter" and generates a 0-byte .pf file. Attempting to use a
pre-compiled .pf file fails on a "no license for ctl". Connecting with
the GUI from my NT4 workstation fails on a "no license for GUI". The
external interface (and the external.if file) is the same as before, the
gui-clients as well.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I'm doing wrong here?

thankful for any help or advice,

     /Johan

ps. I haven't yet tried waving a headless chicken over the Nokia box
since I kinda see it as last resort. Should I?

--
 Johan Lindquist <[email protected]>, software developer