[FW1] VPN & Secureremote

Hi,
I have an issue with VPN & Secureremote authentication. I am using FWZ with
DES & MD5.
I originally setup the firewall with a "generic*" user.
I then setup the client's with SSO using their NT domain username/password
for both nt & secureremote. Enable SDL.
It seemed to work just fine. But then one day it stopped working. I would
get an authentication error. I am now only able to authenticate by creating
a separate user on the firewall, with a generic vpn/firewall password and
having them setup the SSO accordingly. I was wondering if my initial setup
of using the generic* was the correct way of doing this.

Thanks

David Maas