Re: [FW1] Solaris routing question

Use the route command to add a static route.

To check:

    # netstat -nr

More info by:

    # man route

Hopes this helps.

merlin

Lance Spitzner wrote:

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Barringer Nick wrote:

> I need to set up my firewall to route internally from my DMZ to a host with
> a non-reserved IP address. I do not want to route the entire network
> internally as the company is using only part of a class B range.
>
> Can I get away with just adding the one host in S79fw1-routes? I can not see
> a way of adding the network they are using with an appropriate subnet mask
> in this file.

I've written a paper on setting up routing with Solaris boxes, you may want
to check it out.  I wrote it based on my experiences with FW-1.

http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/routing.html

hope that helps :)

lance