Re: [FW-1] How to compile the Kernel Source of Secure Platform with AI

I already got with checkpoint the kernel source RPMs (Normal and Debug
Version), they dont publish this to the public and they dont support any
change in the product (new NIC drivers as well), I have instaled the kernel
source but all procedures to compile the kernel from the Linux Communities
dont work, they have changed a lot the kernel and they dont sent any
documentation about the structure of the files in the kernel source. To you
have one idea the basic  "make mrproper" dont work with SPLAT.

I hope someone in the world got the same problem that i have, and
sucessfull solved it.

Juan

|---------+-------------------------------------------->
|         |           Maciej Soltysiak                 |
|         |           <[email protected]>  |
|         |           Sent by: Mailing list for        |
|         |           discussion of Firewall-1         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           KPOINT.COM>                      |
|         |                                            |
|         |                                            |
|         |           05/11/2003 06:25                 |
|         |           Please respond to Mailing list   |
|         |           for discussion of Firewall-1     |
|         |                                            |
|---------+-------------------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       [email protected]                                                   |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: [FW-1] How to compile the Kernel Source of Secure Platform with AI                       |

> In order to re-compile the source code for your server, you will need
> to have the kernel-development source, when you build linux or
> in this case secure platform, i think that they give you the
> pre-compiled source code.
Funny, I was wondering about recompiling the checkpoint kernel,
but I could not find it in /usr/src
Maybe it is on the shipped cd as an additional feature or something.

> could look at www.kernel.org as this is the default kernel that most
> linux systems.
But isn't checkpoint's kernel a heavily modified version?

Regards,
Maciej