[FW-1] statefull failover for NG AI across

Hi,

I'm upgrading from 4.1 -> AI for many pairs of firewalls but I have an issue
with the statefull failover for my only geographically distributed pair.

Requirements: failover using dynamic routing and statefull connection to the
vendor without a common subnet for sync
* firewall A in Toronto syncs with firewall B in NY.   fw-A -> WAN -> fwB

current setup in 4.1, it's a little non-standard
We have a vendor that's connected using Toronto as the primary and NY for
backup.
When the dynamic routing from Toronto is lost then the higher metric path
from NY is taken.
The through put is small allowing the firewalls to sync using the internal
interfaces and connect across a wan connection.

In 4.1 this is possible due to the low throughput and the fact any ip
address could be put into the sync file.

In NG they are using a broadcast ip so it's a little different.

Any Ideas??
Nokia Clustering with Multicast is not an option because I need dynamic
routing.
would a vpn tunnel work between them?

I have support working to see if this is possible in NG AI.

Thanks in advance
Rob