Re: [FW-1] Web client auth issue with W2K and NGAI

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Web client auth issue with W2K and NGAI
  • From: Emmanuel Bailleul <[email protected]>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:50:51 +0100
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Hi,

Following the advice from one of our brilliant readers, I removed the
"<!-- ACTION="%s" -->" from my pages and I found my customized pages
back when authenticating via HTTP:900.
It seems that the problem is only present when you upgrade from previous
versions (at least FP3), cause this tag is present in old authentication
pages and not in NGAI's ones anymore.

Regards
Emmanuel

(----------------------------------------)
Hi,

We just noticed a problem in NGAI/W2K version when using customized web
pages for web client auth (port 900). After an upgrade from FP3, where
we used customized pages, these pages would not appear anymore in NGAI
... though they are still present in $FWDIR/conf/ahclient. After a short
search, we discovered that these html pages (not all of them) are now
embedded in fwssd.exe, where we were able to  alter the first one as a
test with an hex editor ... and it worked quite well (after a
cpstop/cpstart).

We tried with splat NGAI and did not have the same problem.

Just wondering why Check Point had to hard code these web pages in w2k
version... maybe to encourage customers to migrate to Splat ?

--

Emmanuel BAILLEUL

Responsable du Pôle Sécurité

Agence Annecy Sud-Est

ascom adilan

Network Integration

[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

14 rue du Pré Paillard

74940 Annecy le Vieux

Tel: 33 4 50 64 02 49

Fax : 33 4 50 64 09 98