[FW-1] https, SSL, http Security server and NG FP3 internal CA

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is possible or if I am going about this the wrong way.

Scenario:

I have an https box in the DMZ which I do not want to have it accessible
directly by external users by doing a static NAT.  I would like to utilize
the http security servers and have the external users use https://
<https://%3cfw-1%3e/%3clogical> <FW-1>/<logical>  When the users access this
site, I would like the firewall to do a User Auth (as certain users are not
allowed to access during certain hours).  I would also like to  use FW-1
internal Certificate Authority for SSL.

I have followed the Checkpoint docs starting from page 109.."Support for
https - Controlling External Access to Internal https" section.  But
unfortunately this doesn't seem to work.  I have changed
prompt_for_destination to true with dbedit.  I have also changed the User
auth properties to, in the rule, to Predefined servers.  I have also changed
the https service properties -> Advanced and selected HTTP and check the TCP
resources.

The rule is:

Source: Any

Dest: DMZ-Net, FW-1

IF VIA: Any

Service: https

Action: User Auth

Track: Log

Install On: Policy Targets

For the reading I have been doing, it seems like I cannot seem to use
Checkpoint's internal CA to establish ssl communication to the firewall.

Any suggestion(s) and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Mayooran Pooranachandran
Director, Network Services
Danier Leather Inc.