Re: [FW-1] Nokia IP Clustering 3.7 Build29 - Cluster remove & rejpin]

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Nokia IP Clustering 3.7 Build29 - Cluster remove & rejpin]
  • From: Emmanuel Bailleul <[email protected]>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:20:56 +0100
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Hi,

One of my collegues had the same issue while using  multiple Cisco
switches and trunks between them.
This seemed to cause synchronization problems between the two cluster nodes.
After snooping here and there he found that though the nodes are in
forward mode, they use IGMP and multicast mac addresses when they first
try to synchronize. However, it seems that the second node begins by
first sending a "leave" and  after that a "join" to subscribe to the
multicast group, but the switches would not then agree ...

I don't have all the details for now, but I was surprised to hear that
the nokia boxes used IGMP even if not configured to.

Regards,

Emmanuel Bailleul
ASCOM ADILAN