Re: [FW-1] Cisco VPN Ckient connecto to VPN-1??

"Campos H, Pablo" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Anybody knows about the connection between cisco VPN client and VPN-1. It's
> this possible?

You'd have to try it to know for sure, but I really doubt it. I do know the
Cisco VPN Client sends out a whole bunch of Vendor ID payloads in the
initial IKE transaction. The Checkpoint implementation is free to ignore
them or error out. From RFC2408,

   An implementation is NOT REQUIRED to understand any
   Vendor ID payloads.  An implementation is NOT REQUIRED to send any
   Vendor ID payload at all.  If a private payload was sent without
   prior agreement to send it, a compliant implementation may reject a
   proposal with a notify message of type INVALID-PAYLOAD-TYPE.

--
Crist J. Clark                               [email protected]